The Meaford Curling Club was formed in 1876 and joined the Ontario Curling Association in 1877. The original club was situated on the present site at Collingwood and Thompson; the club relocated to a building by the Big Head River and used natural ice until 1951 when an ice plant was installed.
The Club constructed a new building in 1987 on the present site on land owned by the Meaford and St. Vincent Township Agricultural Society. This construction was made possible by great fund raising and a Wintario grant. The club is a modern facility with 4 sheets of ice, lounge, kitchen and meeting room.
Curling is scheduled 5 days and nights a week with various weekend bonspiels held during the curling season. Membership exceeds 180 and new members are welcome. The Meaford Curling Club season runs November 1 thru to the end of March with Opening and Closing Weeklong bonspiels.
The Meaford Curling Club also offers rental facilities for that special occasion as well as full season rentals for meetings, anniversaries, weddings, etc.
The Club was proud to host the Ontario Curling Association Colts & Trophy Provincial Championship, March 13-16, 2013. Click here to see more information about this special event.
Rock Talk, September, 2012
Rock Talk, November, 2012
Rock Talk, January, 2013
Rock Talk, March, 2013
Rock Talk, April, 2013
Click on the links below to get Rock Talk, our newsletter of news and events!
And click here for the Registration Form for the 2012 season.